China’s Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday that most Chinese nationals have been evacuated safely from Sudan, and in groups to the border ports of neighboring countries.
A spokeswoman for the ministry said in a regular press briefing that Beijing had not received any reports of Chinese casualties in Sudan so far.
China had announced that the first group of Chinese citizens from Sudan had been evacuated to a neighboring country.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Mao Ning told a press conference that the Chinese Foreign Ministry has activated an emergency mechanism to ensure the safety of Chinese citizens immediately after the clashes broke out, adding that working groups have been dispatched to coordinate evacuation plans.
She stressed that the Chinese Foreign Ministry will remain in close contact with the local authorities and embassies of other countries in Sudan.